Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cult of Personality

Allow me to introduce you to 'Manny' - Cpl. Manuel Jiminez-

Manny and I had a tumultuous relationship. He gave me crap and I gave it right back (honestly, they all did, but Manny, in particular I had to keep an eye on). He would sit quietly, waiting for the right moment to make a snide comment or gesture. I had to be careful with my words and sure about my actions, or else he would pounce.

We finally had some peace when he swam in the meet and won gold (100mtr free) and two silvers (50 mtr free and 50 mtr back). I was very proud of him for the improvement he had made over the course of 7 days. We hugged, high fived and all was well.

For a moment.

He was back to his normal self at dinner that night, and I was glad. It's not Manny without his joking. And, I will continue to keep an eye on him...

Manny in the middle! Only one not in the red track suit and NOT PAYING ATTENTION!!

1500 mtr run

How to streamline with only one arm

Congrats, Manny!





No comments:

Post a Comment