Thursday, February 23, 2012

S.N.A.F.U.

I apologize profusely for not writing any more blogs since last week. I didn't take a laptop (wifi didn't work anyway), and I either didn't have time or didn't have the energy to walk the 3 minutes to the C.O.C. to type this out.
Also, my camera phone is not the best, so I'm waiting to get pictures from another coach to post. For the moment, I'm stealing pictures from the Wounded Warrior facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/wwr.usmc) and from Coach Missy's blog.

We started most practices with a talk, since 2 whole hours of swimming would be too much. Sheila does a fantastic job of explaining the principals and physics of swimming. Sometimes I have to break it down into basic fundamentals because 95% of these guys have no formal swim training. They have to be able to survive, but that's it.



Some of the guys have service dogs. The dogs sleep all day because they stay awake all night watching over their Marine to keep him/her safe.








These guys had several sports to choose from:



That's all for now. I am slowly going to finish up with stories that I hope to remember and profiles of some of "my guys" who rocked it in the pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment