Sunday, February 12, 2012

Preparation is key!

I have been asked to help coach the 2012 Marine Corps Wounded Warriors swim camp and trials at Camp Pendleton in San Diego. I will be there for 10 days, the first and last are travel days. I've packed, repacked and packed again. All of the info has been read, reread and read again. I've also packed all the info I've read.

I will be staying on base, sleeping in the barracks and eating in the mess hall. This is very exciting to me to be able to see military operations up close and personal. Thankfully, I'm not actually enlisted so I don't have nearly as many rules and regulations ('regs') to follow. BUT, I do have breakfast at the crack of dawn - 6:00am - which I haven't done in almost two decades. No, eating Waffle House after a big night out doesn't count.

I hope to be able to keep up with this blog and post videos and pictures. This is my first foray into the blogosphere, so keep your fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment